Sunday, September 21, 2008

Why I hate sports

As I am sitting here with my loving husband....I realized we have been here for 2 hours watching this stupid sport people call football.
Now normally I would have gotten up and done something else, but I am a little under the weather so I stayed.
I just don't get it! A bunch of gigantic men running around in spandex pants trying to get a little oval shaped ball from one end of the field to the other. All the while tackling each other and generally trying to beat the snot out of each other. If one of these hulks does happen to make a good play (whatever that is) they start slapping each others spandex-ed rear ends, or slapping the mess out of that poor guys helmet.
Why beat up the guy who made a good play? I thought that was for the other guys? And what is the infatuation with butt slapping?
One thing I have learned this afternoon....I will never understand men and the things that make them happy!!!

1 comment:

Bergie said...

Why just men? I love football! I was right there today when the Vikings beat up Carolina. As for the butt spanking, well...evidently you've never been spanked in spandex before. Just kidding. That is the one part of football I will never understand. By the way, my grandaughter was in her Viking cheerleading outfit today. That's why the Vikings won!