Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Having a girl




As most of you know I grew up with 4 brothers and one sister. So this having a girl business is a bit odd to me.




The other day my daughter asked me why she had straight hair and I had curly. I reminded her that she is adopted, and her birthmom probably had straight hair. Then I told her that I could make her hair curly with sponge rollers. She was very excited at the prospect of a head full of curly hair.





It turned out ok but if you all have any suggestions on how to make it not so crazy....I am all ears!!!

I need guidance on how to be a girly girl for my daughter

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I don't have any suggestions... but I must admit - I LOVE BEING A MOM TO A GIRL, too! :)

proud2Bmomma said...

One way to tame it slightly would be to put more hair on each roller. As you are unrolling the hair, try to unroll it in a spiral fashion, down toward her feet, instead of unrolling it toward you or "unwinding" it if you understand what I mean.

As far as having a girly girl, just follow her lead. I'm a tomboy all the way and my oldest is all girl. I just do what she wants and encourage her interests.

THE BACHMAN'S said...

I will ask my neighbor and aunt what you should do. They both do hair. How is the perm looking now? You are such a good moomy for doing that for her. Courtney