Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I have to say that I am a wee bit aggrivated. I feel like I am in limbo. I grew up Independant Fundamental Baptist, and like that is the denomination most in line with my beliefs. Here in lies the problem....the people I have come across lately that are also IFB have been the exact opposite of what I want to be associated with.
Here is an example. I was at the mall today...just walking getting some exercise and there in front of me a group of women. These women all dressed the same, ratty floor length jean skirts, long stringy hair past their behinds that was in desperate need of a cut to take of loads of split ends. They were bombarding people in the mall, interrupting conversations, not allowing people to pass them. All while asking the question if you died today would you go to heaven. I am all for witnessing. But not in a way that ticks people off!
They stopped me...I kindly told them that I was a Christian. The lady looked me up and down and asked are you sure?.... I told her that I accepted Jesus as my savior in 1985. She asked me what denomination I was. I told her that I grew up IFB....before I could even finish my sentence she interrupted me and told me that no decent IFB woman would be caught dead wearing capris.
I walked away before I punched that woman.
It is that kind of self righteous, Pharisaical attitude that makes me disgusted with the whole Independent Fundamental Baptist movement.
How is any of that Christ-like?
GRRRRR

1 comment:

Charlie McCoy said...

Oh Jenn!! That's just not right! Unfortunately, that is what some IFB's deem as right. That's what they think is OK to do, and it often does more harm than good. You can get the Lord across without getting in people's faces like that. And just because she was in a knee length skirt, doesn't make her any better than you in a pair of capri's. I don't know why it is that people think that the way your dress determines what you can do for the Lord, what a bunch of hog wash! I say witness away Jenn, all the while wearing your capri's!!!!

Hubby was talking the other day about Churches, and he said how hard it is to find a Church that isn't so far one way or the other. You have those Churches that are either total, you MUST wear a skirt at all times for women, don't show your toes, don't listen to CCM, and all that will make you holy! BULL! Then you have those Churches that don't have any standards, or if they do, they are minimal. It's very frustrating.

I'm very sorry that those women were like that to you. But I know you, and I know that you held your own. ;) Pray for those women, that they can see the error in their ways.